Rod Solar advises Ophthalmologists to consider presbyopic refractive marketing at ZEISS ‘Meet the Experts’ panel at ESCRS 2017
We’ve returned from the 2017 European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons Congress in Lisbon (#ESCRS17) and are brimming with news to share about presbyopic refractive marketing. This is just the start.
On October 8th, Rod Solar participated in a ZEISS ‘Meet the Experts’ panel entitled Refractive presbyopic solutions: Expand options and grow your practice. Glenn Carp of London Vision Clinic moderated the discussion. Robert Morris of Grange Eye Consultants / Optegra (UK), Fernande De Wilde of Dr Binkhorst Eye Center (Belgium) and Christian De Courten of Clinique de Montchoisi (Switzerland) also participated on the panel with Rod.
The panelists engaged in an animated and insightful discussion on topics such as:
- reasons the panelists had chosen to use PRESBYOND,
- their experiences starting with PRESBYOND
- Marketing PRESBYOND to patients
- Long-term clinical experiences with PRESBYOND
- PRESBYOND – surgeons taking their own medicine
Rod summarised some of the experiences that LiveseySolar has gained between 2005 to the present day, through working with clinics and patients choosing PRESBYOND. He specifically focused on a key area of our expertise: marketing PRESBYOND to patients. His main take-home messages were:
- The most significant barrier to refractive presbyopic solution adoption is the prevailing misconception that laser eye surgery only works to correct myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism.
- While laser eye surgery providers need to get the word out, medical technology companies must take the lead in educating the market either directly or indirectly by partnering with laser eye surgery providers
- Laser eye surgery providers need to reconsider their target market for laser eye surgery. The presbyopic market is an enormous opportunity that laser eye surgery providers cannot afford to ignore.
- Laser eye surgery providers must segment their marketing approaches to a.) market conventional laser eye surgery to both Millennials and Generation Xers., and b.) market refractive presbyopic solutions – like PRESBYOND – to early Generation Xers and Baby Boomers.
Meet our Founders
Founder & Fractional CMO
Rod co-founded LiveseySolar and acts as a Fractional CMO for our customers. He’s on a mission to help transform the lives of 10,000 people with vision correction surgery by 2024. To achieve that, he inspires his customers to make confident decisions that will help 50,000 people take the first step towards vision correction.
LiveseySolar completely transformed the way we were approaching this… We’ve gone from having just the dream of having a practice to having a practice up and running with people making inquiries and booking for procedures… It’s extremely pleasing. We feel lucky we connected with LiveseySolar.
— Dr Matthew Russell, MBChB, FRANZCO, specialist ophthalmic surgeon and founder of VSON and OKKO
Founder & CEO
Laura Livesey is the co-founder & CEO of LiveseySolar. She has developed powerful refractive surgery marketing systems that increase patient volumes and profits for doctors, clinics, and hospitals, since 1997.
Rod and Laura know as much about marketing surgery to patients as I know about performing it. They are an expert in the field of laser eye surgery marketing. They know this industry inside out. I believe that they could help many companies in a variety of areas including marketing materials, sales training and marketing support for doctors.
— Prof. Dan Reinstein, MD MA FRSC DABO, founder of the London Vision Clinic, UK