YouTube statistics that healthcare marketing managers ought to know
It‘s the fifth largest website in the world. Yes, the same site that your friends and colleagues use to forward viral video clips of treadmill dancers, cute cat videos, and film trailers.
But are you using it to promote your healthcare business? I can almost hear you asking… “Why should I?”
Ready for 10 mind-blowing YouTube statistics?
- In 2010, there were over 700 billion video playbacks on it (ReelSEO, April 2011)
- The site’s Mobile version gets over 100 million views per day (ReelSEO, April 2011)
- Over 13 million hours of footage was uploaded in 2010. (ReelSEO, April 2011)
- Each week, it receives the equivalent of 115,000 full-length feature films in uploads. (ReelSEO, April 2011)
- More than 400 tweets per minute contain a YouTube link, and over 150 years worth of video is watched on Facebook every day (YouTube Blog, January 2011)
- People who see an advertisers’ ad on its homepage are 4 times more likely to visit the advertiser site, search for the brand or watch the company’s video on YouTube, than those who did not see the ad (YouTube internal data, February 2011)
- More than half of the videos on it have been rated or commented by users (ReelSEO, April 2011)
- It has 490 million users worldwide (unique visitors per month), generating an estimated 92 billion page views each month (DoubleClick Ad Planner as cited by royal.pingdom.com, February 2011)
- The average user visits the site 14 times per month, spending an average of 25 minutes on the site each time (DoubleClick Ad Planner as cited by royal.pingdom.com, February 2011)
- Globally, we spend 2.9 billion hours on it in a month. That’s 326,294 years! (DoubleClick Ad Planner as cited by royal.pingdom.com, February 2011)
The Top 5 Healthcare Marketing YouTube Channels
Here are today’s Top 5 UK Plastic Surgery YouTube channels sorted by Relevance:
- The Hospital Group (35 videos)
- Surgicare (12 videos)
- Liberate Cosmetic Surgery (76 videos)
- Secret Surgery (in Poland) (11 videos)
- Private Healthcare UK (61 videos)
And here are today’s Top 5 UK Laser Eye Surgery YouTube channels sorted by Relevance:
- Private Healthcare UK (61 videos)
- Optical Express (14 videos)
- Optimax Laser Eye Surgery (45 videos)
- Advanced Vision Care (3 videos)
- Eye Care London (19 videos)
Clearly, the competition is tight – but there is still lots of room to get into this game. Don’t let this one pass you by…
Meet our Founders
Founder & Fractional CMO
Rod co-founded LiveseySolar and acts as a Fractional CMO for our customers. He’s on a mission to help transform the lives of 10,000 people with vision correction surgery by 2024. To achieve that, he inspires his customers to make confident decisions that will help 50,000 people take the first step towards vision correction.
LiveseySolar completely transformed the way we were approaching this… We’ve gone from having just the dream of having a practice to having a practice up and running with people making inquiries and booking for procedures… It’s extremely pleasing. We feel lucky we connected with LiveseySolar.
— Dr Matthew Russell, MBChB, FRANZCO, specialist ophthalmic surgeon and founder of VSON and OKKO
Founder & CEO
Laura Livesey is the co-founder & CEO of LiveseySolar. She has developed powerful refractive surgery marketing systems that increase patient volumes and profits for doctors, clinics, and hospitals, since 1997.
Rod and Laura know as much about marketing surgery to patients as I know about performing it. They are an expert in the field of laser eye surgery marketing. They know this industry inside out. I believe that they could help many companies in a variety of areas including marketing materials, sales training and marketing support for doctors.
— Prof. Dan Reinstein, MD MA FRSC DABO, founder of the London Vision Clinic, UK