Healthcare marketing sales processes get your patients on the bus
When a healthcare business wants to increase their number of consultations or number of treatments conversions, we begin by observing the current processes that are producing those results.
Sometimes we observe healthcare clinicians conducting patient consultations. Sometimes, we watch and listen to people as they deal with new callers on the phone. Why do we do this? What are we looking for? First, we’re looking for evidence of a reliable and valid healthcare marketing sales process.
A sales process is like a bus route. Most healthcare businesses either do not include every stop along the route, don’t plan the route to get to the final destination in the most efficient way, and some clinics, unfortunately, don’t have drivers who know the “rules of the road”.
Everyone who conducts a sales presentation follows some kind of route. Whether that route is reliability reproduced or effective is another question altogether. After a few consultations across different people, we usually see if a unified process is in place.
Why have a healthcare marketing sales process when conversions can happen without one? Isn’t it just easier to customise every presentation on the fly?
“Every healthcare business in which we’ve implemented a reliable sales process has increased their conversion rate and volume of treatments. Every single one.”
The reality is that every one is conducting a sales process in every sales interaction – the main differences between higher performing sales people and lower performing sales people is the validity and reliability of their process.
First, you have to ask yourself, is my healthcare marketing sales process valid? In other words, does it provide an organised method towards achieving the consultation’s objective (usually, a conversion from an initial appointment to a treatment booking)? Second, is it reliable? Is the process repeatable, consistently applied, and operable in the majority of situations?
A valid and reliable sales process will
- provide salespeople with more confidence in their role
- enable salespeople to control the sales interaction
- give salespeople the tools to effectively deal with a wider variety of people, objections, and needs
- shorten sales cycles
- enable salespeople to loosen up and have more fun
- help salespeople identify and fix what’s broken, while maintaining what is working
- ultimately increase your conversion rate and volume
Every healthcare business in which we’ve implemented a reliable healthcare marketing sales process has increased their conversion rate and volume of treatments. Every single one. Really? Surely we are exaggerating? No, we’re not.
- It doesn’t matter whether your team is experienced or not.
- It doesn’t matter whether you’re marketing is working, or not.
- It doesn’t matter whether you are charging a high price or a low price.
- It doesn’t matter whether you are a small practice or a large clinic chain.
- It doesn’t matter whether you are in a big city or a small village town.
- It doesn’t matter what speciality you focus on.
Consider the elements of a healthcare marketing sales process and take the necessary steps towards introducing one into your healthcare business. Contact us today should you require more information on how to do so.