Website speed matters: Study finds 1 second delay in website load time means a 7% reduction in conversions
A recent study by Akamai1https://blog.kissmetrics.com/loading-time/ claims that if your website takes longer than 3 seconds to load, you could be losing nearly half of your visitors. Find out how your website rates.
A one-second delay in page load times yields:
- 11% fewer page views
- 16% decrease in customer satisfaction
- 7% loss in conversions
Thus, increased website speed results in improvements in:
- customer experience
- page views
- conversion rates
Does website speed matter?
We reduced our website load time by 50%
And we’ve still got further to go. Soon, we’ll be converting all our video embeds to pop-ups so that they only load for those visitors who want to see the videos.
How did we increase our website speed?
Here’s the technical task list
- minimising HTTP requests
- minifying and combining files
- minimising time to the first byte
- reducing server response time
- choosing a better hosting environment
- running a compression audit
- enabling compression
- enabling browser caching
- reducing image sizes
- using a CDN
- using external hosting platforms
- optimising CSS delivery
- prioritising above-the-fold content (lazy-loading)
- reducing unnecessary plugins
- reducing redirects
- reducing external scripts
Fortunately, you don’t have to worry about all that technical stuff
After we achieved such dramatic results with our own website, we took the next step to make these improvements available to all of our clients.
That’s why we now offer website hosting and website speed optimisations to all of our customers. Our hosting services include
- 5GB storage
- Unlimited bandwidth
- 1GB RAM
And, we’re offering our customers free website migrations this month (August 2018).
LiveseySolar Hosting includes
- Leading performance technologies to improve performance and customer experiences. All hosting services have CloudFlare technology with Railgun data compression tools implementable with one click installation
- Advanced security. We use advanced cloud isolation protocols to prevent the spreading of any malware that breaches the websites we host. If malware violates your website, we won’t just shut you down. We work with you to solve the vulnerability and help your business continue its operations.
- Balanced service. We never overload our servers with thousands of accounts and limit every server to a maximum of five hundred domains. That gives more than enough resources to ensure we never punish you for consumption via your website or other customers.
How can you increase your website speed?
If you’re a LiveseySolar client – relax. We’ll increase your website speed in the background and you won’t have to worry about a thing. We’ll soon send you a message alerting you to the changes.
If you’re not a LiveseySolar client yet, give us a call and see how you can become one.
NOTE: The best way to answer that nagging question about practice growth or marketing or patient volume in the back of your mind is to book a free 15-minute compatibility call. Get some options and go away with a clear idea of what’s possible.
About the author
Founder & Fractional CMO
Rod co-founded LiveseySolar and acts as a Fractional CMO for our customers. He’s on a mission to help transform the lives of 10,000 people through vision correction surgery by 2024. To achieve that, he inspires his customers to make confident decisions that will help 50,000 people take the first step towards vision correction.
Meet our Founders
Founder & Fractional CMO
Rod co-founded LiveseySolar and acts as a Fractional CMO for our customers. He’s on a mission to help transform the lives of 10,000 people with vision correction surgery by 2024. To achieve that, he inspires his customers to make confident decisions that will help 50,000 people take the first step towards vision correction.
LiveseySolar completely transformed the way we were approaching this… We’ve gone from having just the dream of having a practice to having a practice up and running with people making inquiries and booking for procedures… It’s extremely pleasing. We feel lucky we connected with LiveseySolar.
— Dr Matthew Russell, MBChB, FRANZCO, specialist ophthalmic surgeon and founder of VSON and OKKO
Founder & CEO
Laura Livesey is the co-founder & CEO of LiveseySolar. She has developed powerful refractive surgery marketing systems that increase patient volumes and profits for doctors, clinics, and hospitals, since 1997.
Rod and Laura know as much about marketing surgery to patients as I know about performing it. They are an expert in the field of laser eye surgery marketing. They know this industry inside out. I believe that they could help many companies in a variety of areas including marketing materials, sales training and marketing support for doctors.
— Prof. Dan Reinstein, MD MA FRSC DABO, founder of the London Vision Clinic, UK