Website speed matters: Study finds 1 second delay in website load time means a 7% reduction in conversions
A recent study by Akamai1 claims that if your website takes longer than 3 seconds to load, you could be losing nearly half of your visitors. Find out how your website rates.
A one-second delay in page load times yields:
- 11% fewer page views
- 16% decrease in customer satisfaction
- 7% loss in conversions
Thus, increased website speed results in improvements in:
- customer experience
- page views
- conversion rates
Does website speed matter?
We reduced our website load time by 50%
And we’ve still got further to go. Soon, we’ll be converting all our video embeds to pop-ups so that they only load for those visitors who want to see the videos.
How did we increase our website speed?
- minimising HTTP requests
- minifying and combining files
- minimising time to the first byte
- reducing server response time
- choosing a better hosting environment
- running a compression audit
- enabling compression
- enabling browser caching
- reducing image sizes
- using a CDN
- using external hosting platforms
- optimising CSS delivery
- prioritising above-the-fold content (lazy-loading)
- reducing unnecessary plugins
- reducing redirects
- reducing external scripts
Fortunately, you don’t have to worry about all that technical stuff
After we achieved such dramatic results with our own website, we took the next step to make these improvements available to all of our clients.
That’s why we now offer website hosting and website speed optimisations to all of our customers. Our hosting services include
- 5GB storage
- Unlimited bandwidth
- 1GB RAM
And, we’re offering our customers free website migrations this month (August 2018).
LiveseySolar Hosting includes
- Leading performance technologies to improve performance and customer experiences. All hosting services have CloudFlare technology with Railgun data compression tools implementable with one click installation
- Advanced security. We use advanced cloud isolation protocols to prevent the spreading of any malware that breaches the websites we host. If malware violates your website, we won’t just shut you down. We work with you to solve the vulnerability and help your business continue its operations.
- Balanced service. We never overload our servers with thousands of accounts and limit every server to a maximum of five hundred domains. That gives more than enough resources to ensure we never punish you for consumption via your website or other customers.
How can you increase your website speed?
If you’re a LiveseySolar client – relax. We’ll increase your website speed in the background and you won’t have to worry about a thing. We’ll soon send you a message alerting you to the changes.
If you’re not a LiveseySolar client yet, give us a call and see how you can become one.
The Best Practice Digest
What smart medical practice owners and marketers read weekly
If you like our content but feel too busy to remember to keep coming back to our blog just in case we’ve published a new post, subscribe and you too will receive weekly notifications linked to relevant and timely advice about how to build the practice and life you’ll love. We’ll also throw in some subscriber-exclusive content that will enable you to stay ahead of the competition. We’ll keep your email address private and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Subscribe and get:
- Powerful tips in succinct and timely articles
- Insightful interviews that educate and inform
- Useful videos that show you how to grow your practice
- Invites to interactive webinars that teach real-world techniques
- Case studies that show you how we reliably grow your colleague’s practices
Do you use Facebook?
Like and follow our Facebook Page HERE to grow your private healthcare clinic with hundreds of other healthcare marketers.
If you enjoyed this post, you can also get updates from us. We’ll send email updates about new posts, and tips and tricks to build the practice and life you love. Just sign-up as a blog subscriber and you’re good!
Can I make a tiny request?
I know most people don’t share blog posts because they feel that us bloggers don’t need their “tiny” social share. But here’s the truth…
We built this blog piece by piece, one small share at a time, and we will continue to do so. So, thank you so much for your support, dear reader.
A share from you would seriously help a lot with the growth of this blog. It won’t take more than 10 seconds of your time. The share buttons are right here. 🙂