FAQ: What does telephone sales training involve?
Our telephone sales training program consists of three stages and an additional element of customer service:
1. Pre-training – the period of time after agreeing to the training and signing the provision contract up until the training event.
2. Training Event – the time spent in training.
3. Post-training – the 12 weeks following the training event.
4. Customer service
After an agreement is made between LiveseySolar and the client requesting training, a number of steps must be taken by both parties to ensure appropriate preparation and data collection to maximise training success.
LiveseySolar will carry out the following tasks:
- Scheduling a kick-off meeting where objectives and details surrounding the Training Event will be defined
- Scheduling the Training Event
- Providing a mechanism (Google form or spreadsheet) to log conversion rates for up to 4 weeks prior to the training event
- Organising mystery calls to be carried out to assess existing behaviour on the telephone
- Recommending a conversion rate goal based on 5:1 return on training investment
- Sending a strength-finder test to all participants 21 days prior to training and logging the responses
- Sending a list of Learning Objectives for the training event 14 days prior to the training event.
The client is responsible for:
- Attending the Kick-off meeting (allow up to 2 hours)
- Providing all participant names and email addresses
- Providing data relating to average price point and conversion close rate
- Providing data relating to number of calls and number of appointments booked
- Agreeing to a conversion rate goal based on 5:1 return on training investment
- Having staff complete the strength-finder tests with 7 days of receipt
- Approving the list of Learning Objectives for the training event within 7 days of receipt.
It’s important that the client fulfils their responsibilities in order to provide information that is required for the training to go ahead and to optimise potential training investment.
2. Training Event
LiveseySolar provides learning materials and training supplies but does not organise the training venue, transport to or from the event for trainer or participants or refreshments.
We will provide the following:
- Training workbooks for each participant
- Training supplies – e.g. projector, screen, flipchart (unless otherwise mutually agreed in writing)
- 360 minutes of instructor-led training.
The client is responsible for:
- Arranging training facilities
- Refreshments during training
- Attending training
- Having staff be on time and remain for the duration of the training
- Encouraging staff to participate in training activities
- Completing a training-evaluation survey.
In the 12-week period following the training event, we will provide evaluation and review in order to judge the success of the training and calculate return on investment.
- Organise mystery calls to be carried out to assess how behaviour on the telephone has changed since attending training
- Answer any questions that arise after training that may assist in implementing best practice
- Monitor post-training conversion rates
- Provide weekly reports with the following data:
- Post-Training team conversion rate compared to Pre-Training team conversion rate
- Return-on-Investment to date
- Days completed and left in the Project.
We ask the client to:
- Have all staff complete a post-training learning evaluation
- Implement instructions provided during and after training
- Ask any questions that arise after training that may assist in implementing best practice.
- Providing data relating to number of calls and number of appointments booked as they occur
- Attend 6 calls (allow 30 minutes each) over 12 weeks. These calls consist of 4 weekly calls followed by 2 monthly calls.
4. Customer Service
At LiveseySolar, we pride ourselves on our high level of customer service. We use Basecamp project management software in order to deal with all enquiries and messages related to the project in an efficient and comprehensive manner.
As part of our commitment to customer service we agree to respond to all messages within 48 hours of receipt and to alert the client to any changes that may affect the budget or schedule of the telephone sales training project.